How To Get Over A Breakup – 1 Solution For All
It’s like a never ending story when it comes to finding someone worth giving a try, then doing all things out of your way to ensure both ends meet, and poof! The relationship’s over. Even though so many people say that it’s fine and they were not meant for you, and you’ll get your fish soon. But, only you know what it feels when you get broken up. Your breakup tells how you’re going to deal with other events in your life. From feeling emotionally overwhelmed to feeling drained of energy, you can feel almost anything in between all this. So, in this blog we are going to talk about how to get over a breakup so that you don’t feel negative about other things in your life.
Whether you’re the one who broke up or it’s your partner, but in this blog, it’s going to be all about how to deal with a breakup so that you’re in the safe spot.
Also read: How to tell if partner cheating
Some breakups just happen all of a sudden, while in other situations, you know that a breakup is going to take place, but you’re not ready to accept it. Therefore, you may end up living in a constant denial and feel bad about most of the things as you are the one who is faced with a breakup decision taken by your partner.
And if this is the case with you, which I believe most of the people reading this blog are going through, then you’re at the right place.
Let’s check out how to get over an ex who you really loved, but now you can’t get back with them!
Accept the reality
The first thing you need to do before doing anything else is to accept the fact that you’re not together anymore. You may not be the first one asking us how long does it take to get over a breakup, but it usually takes time. For those people whose partners broke up with them, such people may end up taking the most of the time. Reason being that the control of the situation was taken by someone else.
Also read: Signs she’s not faking it
Prioritize things you love or care about
Now that you have broken up or your partner has broken up with you, you may have realized that all the time invested in them has come to a halt. If you are getting this feeling too, then you should take a step to enhance your life.
So, this is the time to start prioritizing your career, happiness, emotions, and many other things that you had to compromise while you were with your partner.
In order to move on, you need to give your mind a solid reason for that!
So these were the two most important things that you need to ensure when you are deciding to move on from a breakup.
Now, let’s check out how to deal with a breakup so that it doesn’t work against you in the long run.
How to deal with a breakup
If you’re having to deal with a breakup, it means either your partner is the one who decided to break up or you’re the one who is so done with them that you need an escape.
According to a study on unmarried couples who had a breakup showed signs of psychological distress and a decline in life satisfaction.
If you don’t know the right way to deal with a breakup, then you may have to face a lot of problems. A bad breakup can make you feel like your friends and family are against you, your entire past being a joke, and things like that. All these signs can be coming from PTSD as well.
Now let’s check out how to deal with a breakup so you don’t find yourself in an exceedingly drowning situation.
Write your emotions
It’s very likely that there are a lot of things that you would not like to tell anyone. And this is why for those vessels full of emotions that you can’t express to anyone, it’s better to empty those to your ex. Yes! You gave me all this drama, so take it back. So the best way to deal with a breakup is to start writing your emotions. No matter how you are writing grammatically or whether things are making sense.
Eat alone for some time, then join a group
It’s very likely that soon after a breakup, you eat alone. It’s majorly because your mind is going through so much stress, that before taking new jokes, talks, and gossips from other people, you declutter your mind. So, it’s recommended to eat alone for some days. And then maybe you can join others for lunch or dinner.
Also read: How do you know if he’s the one
Don’t date anyone else immediately
If you just broke up from someone, it is very likely that someone who was eyeing on you for a long time would be taking a chance. And this can be troublesome as you may end up dating someone who may be more toxic than your ex. It’s okay to make new friends, but you should also know your limits and where to put a pause.
Now that you have known the things you should do to deal with a break up, let’s check out how to get over a breakup.
How to get over a breakup
Now that you have known some basic precautions about dating and breakup, here’s a working methodology that will help you get over a break up. It may take a month for some people to get over a break up and for others, it may take some more. But, this will surely help them move on.
- Try one more time. If you feel that there are some things that you believe could be improved, and maybe you think that you deserve a second chance, then take that shot. At least, you won’t regret that in the future.
- Get closure. When you have taken the step of going back and giving it another shot, you’re most probably going to get a closure. Either you’ll be back into the relationship or a breakup will be evident.
- Make distance. Considering that you are not getting back with your ex, it’s time to get over a breakup you caused or he caused.
- Get a new hobby, or continue your previous ones. You have devoted at least some months to your ex, now why not give the same amount of months to your hobbies as well? They can frame you better in the real world.
- Focus on your career. It’s very important that you don’t take your career for granted. A lot of people tend to drift away from their career and it becomes a problem.
- Make new friends. It’s okay that someone who promised to be a good one, did not turn out to be so. But now if someone new is trying to prove something, let them do. But don’t push them away.
- Buy something that feels like a reward. Now this may be a little controversial. But, if you don’t have any debt on yourself, you can take some and buy a new computer, laptop or a smartphone that you had been eyeing for a really long time. Check out for exclusive sales and offers and buy one on EMIs.
- Take help from spirituality. There is nothing on this planet that can be as pure as spirituality. If you can, then get in touch with some bonafide spiritual organization that helps you go on a path of the ultimate truth. Organizations like ISKCON are doing great work over there.
So, this is how you can get over a breakup.
Also read: When to break up?
How long does it take to get over a breakup?
For some people, this process may take around a few days, and for some people, it may take more than half a year. So, based on your past experience, how much you were drowned into your partner, how much you really loved them, and other factors, the time of moving on may change.
It would be difficult to comment on how long does it take to move on.